Okay, I couldn't stay away. I'm back in Shinjuku and it's raining. And I couldn't go off for another week without showing you a photo of this gorgeous hydrangea. So many of them are blooming around town and no wonder with all the rain that we've been getting.
Also wanted to show you a bit of Osaka and Kyoto, which is really close to Osaka, as they are both very interesting places.
- people in Osaka stand on the right side of the escalator
(in Tokyo we stand on the left)
- newly opened Osaka Station
- handbags in Kyoto
- random houses in Kyoto
- small creek in Kyoto
- torii of Heian Shrine in Kyoto
- part of the roof of the Heian Shrine entrance
- rabbit-ear iris blooming in middle garden of Heian Shrine
- bridge crossing over Seiho Lake inside Heian Shrine garden
- Shobi-kan standing in the east garden
- main sanctuary of Heian Shrine
- bench outside of a library in Kyoto
- school kids sitting along the Kamo River in Kyoto
- Japanese rice crackers sold in Kyoto
- white clover flowers on the grounds of Osaka castle
(so wanted to make wreaths)
- Osaka Castle
- peeking out the cannon hole of the outer wall
- Otemon Gate, the front entrance of Osaka Castle
- on my way back to Tokyo
So that's a few of my photos from the weekend in Osaka. It was really great just being home with family. I'll be away for a little over a week but will be back at the end of the month. Hope you all have a great week!